Position: Solar Technician I Entry Level (full-time)
Department: Operations and Maintenance
Reports to: O&M West Coast Manager
Location: Lancaster, CA
sPower is an established and rapidly growing renewable energy company headquartered in Salt Lake City, with additional offices in San Francisco, Long Beach and Richmond. The sPower Operations team is looking for an Entry Level Solar Technician Level I with field experience, this individual would play a pivotal role in ensuring that sPower operates the portfolio to standards that exceed industry best-practice. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and have the ability to learn. As sPower grows to become one of the leading IPPs in the industry, this role will provide an unparalleled opportunity for growth.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ownership and responsibility for all operations and maintenance for a Utility scale solar plant near Lancaster, CA
• Performs technical work as assigned in the solar field and assists in the operations and maintenance of the power plant.
• Assists Solar Technicians II in performing maintenance.
• Willingness to train and obtain qualifications to advance in Tech program.
• Performs other technical and administrative duties associated with operating and maintaining a power facility
• Ensures work is performed in accordance with Environmental and Safety requirements;
• Performs work independently and/or in work crews.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
• Understanding of general workplace safety and the ability to follow safety standards as well as help the company improve upon the standards in place.
• Ability to operate vegetation maintenance equipment including tractors, riding mowers, and other equipment.
• Experience with electrical systems and familiarity of basic safety principles of LOTO and electrical safety.
• Ability to excel in a collaborative, cross-functional and geographically diverse organization.
• Maturity, professionalism and excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with superiors and colleagues.
• High-energy, developed interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic.
• Detail-oriented with an ability to synthesize complex analysis, approach new challenges with creativity and summarize information in a manner that supports key decision makers.
• Excellent hands on abilities with strong technical skills.
• Ability to operate personal computer with technical proficiency of standard business software.
• Ability to read, write and understand English.
• Knowledge of applicable safety and environmental regulations.
• Demonstrates proactive enthusiasm for solving problems and adding value to the company.
• Maintains a current level of professional knowledge.
• Focuses on personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action.
• Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with all individuals.
• Communicates openly and honestly, does not engage in gossip.
• Models professional behaviors of conduct and decorum.
• Strong team player and willing to assist others when necessary and appropriate.
• Possess high school diploma or GED.
• Experience in solar system installation an asset.
• Working outside.
• Normal plant and/or office environment, including working at heights, high/low ambient temperatures and high humidity areas.
• Requires standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting, climbing stairs and ladders, and entering plant equipment to access, inspect, or collect data on plant equipment.
• Requires use of wear personal protective safety equipment (respirators, safety glasses, hard hat, appropriate footwear, ear plugs, etc.)
• May be required to work around rotating and energized equipment, hazardous materials and chemicals
• Occasionally requires lifting as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Work overtime and non-standard working hours as required.
• Travel to sites outside area.
• Commensurate with experience; competitive.
• Submit resume, cover letter, professional references and salary requirements to hr@sPower.com
or use the form on this page
sPower, an AES and AIMCo company, is the largest private owner of operating solar assets in the United States. sPower owns and operates a portfolio of solar and wind assets greater than 1.5 GW and has a development pipeline of more than 10 GW. sPower is owned by a joint venture partnership between The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), a worldwide energy company headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, and the Alberta Investment Management Corporation, one of Canada’s largest and most diversified institutional investment fund managers.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: sPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.