Position: Permitting Project Manager (full time)
Reports to: Senior Permitting Manager
Manages: No direct reports
Location: Richmond, VA
The candidate for this position will be based out of our Richmond, Virginia office. Duties will include project management of permitting and land use entitlement, coordination with AHJs and other agencies. The position involves coordination with developers, real estate, execution, community relations and other groups within sPower, and across multiple offices. The successful candidate will have the aptitude to succeed in managing multiple projects and supporting business development efforts in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, decision making/problem solving, analytical and time management skills.
- Independent thinker able to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to produce error-free work under deadline.
- Team player with strong initiative, able to work autonomously to complete tasks.
- Track record of ability to instill confidence as a credible, reliable and expert support resource for team members in technical matters.
- Passion for the renewable energy industry.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Permitting Project Manager will partner with cross-functional teams in activities leading to the successful execution and delivery/hand off of new solar projects to the Execution Team for construction and operations. Specific duties will include:
- Secure land use permits for new and acquired solar power generating facilities across multiple local, state, and federal jurisdictions.
- Manage technical and environmental studies for PV solar and battery storage development.
- Identify and implement novel mitigation strategies to reduce project cost and impact.
- Successfully negotiate project design and mitigation measure with local, state, and federal regulators to ensure project success.
- Manage contractors, vendors, and consultants to maintain project timeline and budget.
- Draft original text for use in project origination support, public education, and investor reporting materials.
- Once a project is permitted, seamlessly transfer to the Execution team Project Manager (PM) for construction management. Provide ongoing support to the PM, as required, throughout the construction process.
- Assist with permitting and environmental compliance throughout the construction and operation of projects.
- Act as a representative for sPower in meetings with the community, elected officials, and regulators.
- Assist in cost reduction initiatives, vendor development, and invoice audits.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Proven track record of expertise in development, preferably in utility-scale environment.
- Experience with solar permitting in PJM, MISO, and NYISO
- Knowledge of renewable energy policy and initiatives (Va Clean Economy Act)
- Knowledge of VA SCC CPCN, VA PBR, USACE, and similar land use entitlement and permitting processes.
- Project and case management skills including a strong aptitude for managing and prioritizing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate efficiently in verbal and written correspondence.
- Experienced in environmental analysis and environmental regulations.
- Knowledge of solar renewable energy construction process; real estate development; renewable energy projects/assets evaluation and acquisition.
- Microsoft Office, project management software.
- BA/BS degree.
- Commensurate with experience.
- Submit resume, cover letter, professional references and salary requirements to [email protected] or click ‘Apply for job’ below.