Experience Energy™, the leading resource for diverse talent, careers, and culture in the energy industry, has revealed the winners of the third GRIT Awards℠ with the newly-added category, Best Energy Workplaces℠. The late Kathleen Eisbrenner, former Chairman of NextDecade LNG has also been honored with her leadership in the industry.
Houston, TX—The GRIT Awards℠ & Best Energy Workplaces℠, sponsored by Medallia, were created to recognize women leaders in energy and the male allies who advocate for their advancement. Nearly 300 nominations poured in from across the world from oil and gas, utilities, and alternative energy companies, academia, and non-government organizations (NGOs). Best Energy Workplaces℠ were added in 2019 to give recognition to outstanding energy employers.
Winners were selected through a blind application review by six external judges and announced live at an awards ceremony on October 10, 2019, in Houston, Texas, with portions broadcast online. Haben Girma, the first Deafblind graduate of Harvard Law and White House Champion for Change, was the featured keynote speaker. It is Haben’s belief that disability is an opportunity for innovation. She travels the world teaching the benefits of inclusion and has been featured in The New York Times, Oprah Magazine, People, The Wall Street Journal, and The Today Show. The program also included five-time member of the U.S. Adaptive Water Ski Team, Mike Royal with Occidental Petroleum; Rich Jahr, Chief Customer Officer of Air Liquide; Kristine Bird, Vice President of Human Resources, Nalco Champion; Eduard Erbiceanu, Head of Energy for Sodexo Energy & Resources; Maggie Seeliger of Metricus Consulting; and D&I strategist Arquella Hargrove.
The 2019 winners are:
Honorary GRIT Award℠ Winner
- Kathleen Eisbrenner, Former Chairman and CEO, NextDecade LNG
- Melody Bechberger, Geologist, ConocoPhillips
- Karen Blackburn, GCBU Asset Integrity, Project Quality & Technical Safety Supervisor, ConocoPhillips
- Tana Deshayes, Advisor to SVP of Human Resources, Marathon Oil Company
- Shanta Eaden, Director, IT PMO and Diversity Lead, Weatherford International
- Emily Fisher, Geologist, Aera Energy
- Kelly Fortner, Country PSL Operations Manager – India, Halliburton
- Chloe Grabowski, Assistant Project Manager – Process Engineer, HDR Engineering, Inc.
- Carrie Hackenberger, Associate Director, American Petroleum Institute Colorado
- Christine Harris, Associate Vice President/Regulatory Compliance Practice Leader, HDR Engineering, Inc.
- Sonia Hernandez-Cordon, Principal Geologist, Equinor
- Monica Krishnan, Technology Manager, Chevron
- Michele Mendoza, Executive Assistant, Worley
- Victoria Parisi, Senior Staff Petroleum Geochemist, Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Christine Piela Cox, Geologist, BP
- Manika Prasad, Professor, Colorado School of Mines
- Sarah Renko, Production Operations Control Center Supervisor, Marathon Oil Corporation
- Melissa Sowell, Manager, Community Relations, Halliburton
- Tina Unachukwu, Director, Baker Hughes
- Vicki Codd, Marketing Director, NES Global Talent
- Karen David-Green, Senior Vice President Stakeholder Engagement, Chief Marketing Officer, Weatherford International
- Johanna Haggstrom, Director of Technology, Halliburton
- Amy Rhodes, Greater Kuparuk Area Light Oil Development Supervisor, ConocoPhillips
- Georgina Scorer, Director, Unconventional Reservoirs Excellence, ConocoPhillips
- Tracie Slone, Vice President Global Supply Chain, Marathon Oil Company
- Paul Greenwood, Project Executive HR, ExxonMobil
- David Reid, Chief Marketing Officer, National Oilwell Varco
- James Scheel, Sr. VP Northeast Gathering & Processing, Williams Companies
- Bill Way, Chief Executive Officer, Southwestern Energy
Affinity Network Category
- BOLD: Black Organization for Leadership & Development, TechnipFMC
- Diversity Network of Alaska (DNA) – ConocoPhillips
- Geoscience WIN, ExxonMobil
- LGBT + Allies ERG, Aera Energy
- She Persisted, University of Utah Energy
- The Wise Network Australia
Industry Advocacy Category
- The Colorado Petroleum Council
- e.DOT T, Equinor
- Oil & Gas Trafficking Advocacy Group (OGTAG)
Best Workplaces Winners
Oil & Gas Producer (tie)
- Aera Energy
- Marathon Oil Company
Oil & Gas Services
Renewable Power Company
- The Global Edge Consultants LLC
About Experience Energy: Experience Energy™ is the leading resource for diverse talent, careers, and culture in industry. Made with love by Pink Petro™, Experience Energy™ is obsessed with building inclusive workforces and helping candidates connect with meaningful careers. Both brands have a unique digital reach globally in oil and natural gas, power and utilities, LNG, renewables, and nuclear. To experience energy, and for a full recap of the GRIT Awards℠ & Best Energy Workplaces℠, visit www.experience.energy.
About sPower: Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, sPower is a leading independent power producer (IPP) that owns and operates more than 150 renewable generation systems across the U.S. We operate a leading wind, solar and storage portfolio of nearly 2.0 GW, with 15 GW of projects under development. sPower is owned by a joint venture partnership between The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), Fortune 500 global power company, and the Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo), one of Canada’s largest and most diversified institutional investment managers.
Follow us on Twitter: @sPower_US
See the original story on prweb.com here.